We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH.
The Samuel Adams Cincinnati Brewery is embarking on a project to optimize our operations, significantly increase capacity, and develop the flexibility to meet the growing demand of Boston Beer Company’s diverse portfolio of products. This will be a 2-year journey to bring processes, skill sets, and tools to the hands of all our brewery team members. We are looking for the right mix of energy, skills, experience, and drive to complete this journey with the highest of quality.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution, and closure of all projects within a broad program of work across the Boston Beer supply chain. This includes working closely with the Brewery Superintendent, Engineering Project Manager, internal stakeholders, as well as Supply Chain Transformation Leadership team to ensure the projects are delivered on time, on budget, and in line with the strategic direction of BBC Supply Chain. In addition to overseeing a portfolio of projects, the Program Manager will be responsible for following the proper project management practices. The Program Manager must possess a deep understanding of strategic goals and the implementation of processes and technology solutions that make a direct impact upon the company mission. She/he must have a combination of business, technical, organizational and communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, manage multiple, integrated project management plans, manage deadlines and dependencies across concurrent approved project initiatives, and coordinate project team activities.
- Ensure that all projects are executed on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical and business feasibility
- Manage and control changes to the project scope, project schedule, project prioritization, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Facilitates all Steering Committee and Executive meetings for the OH Can Line (in conjunction with Engineering Project Manager and Brewery Superintendent)
Measurement, Documentation, and Reporting
- Accurately measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques while following company guidelines
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Accountable for the creation, delivery, and maintenance of all necessary project documentation
- Identify, document, and ensure proper management and resolution of all operational issues and risks
- Ownership of Boston Beer’s work management tool (Workfront) and its support staff
Managing Relationships and Communication
- Develop and maintain close partnership with the brewery superintendent (your primary stakeholder) on all aspects of the projects that are within the OH Can line program of work
- Manage and maintain the relationships with BBC stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of project
- Monitor change management and avert negative consequences.
- Liaisons and consults with Boston Beer leadership to drive on time delivery of SCT deliverables, quick resolution of issues and provides education on project/program management best practices
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 7 years’ direct work experience in Project Management
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing large business and cross functional projects – project teams of 10+ (mixture of FTE and Contractors/Consultants)
- Proven working experience in project management
- Experience managing programs of work or multiple projects at once
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or consumer-packaged goods industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain planning process
- Workfront system knowledge and use a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Proficient knowledge of the fundamentals of Project Management
- Ability to plan effectively
- Strong ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) to multiple levels of the organization and clients
- Risk and Issue Mitigation
- Strong and proven Influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.