We are currently hiring a Quality Manager in Cincinnati, OH.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the development, continuous improvement, and maintenance of quality systems to assure all Brewery products are brewed, aged, bottled and shipped under all BBC QA policies and guidelines. Communicate with managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the QA system is functioning properly. Advises on changes and their implementation and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality. Since maintaining quality demands constant change to meet customer expectations, the QA Manager must be able to employ a variety of measures to place quality at the heart of an organization. These include management systems such as Total Quality Management, and methodologies, SPC, HACCP, lean manufacturing, and Process Improvement.
What You’ll Brew:
- Promotes high product quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization; establishes himself/herself as the lead champion for beer quality
- Establishes the overall strategy, objectives and targets that will concentrate efforts toward successful achievement of the Quality Assurance goals and supports our competitive advantage
- Assesses suppliers against BBC’s product specifications and customer requirements. Partners with Vendors through Quarterly meetings to review vendor performance and improve overall Quality
- Assures Brewery operates within compliance of all local, federal, and industry regulations including FDA and TTB
- Manages the effort in GMP training and HACCP program development to assure breweries compliance with Corporate Ideals
- Brings together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures; sets up and maintains controls and documentation
- Identifies relevant quality-related training needs
- Analyzes performance data and charts against defined parameters
- Supervises technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
- Recruits, develops, motivates and lead staff. Coaches team professionally and technically to meet goals and lead the industry
- Monitors performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels
- Develop and implement quality management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales, financials, to support, contribute to, and integrate within, the organization’s annual business plan and long-term strategy
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments
- Demonstrates technical knowledge in quality processes and systems including but not limited to:SPC, HACCP, SSOP, cGMPs
- Drives Process Improvement through the use of Quality Tools. Teams with Plant Management to build Quality into the existing processes
- Actively participates in taste panel and developing Beer Flavor Evaluation skill
What Ingredients You’ll Bring:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Sciences, preferably Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or Brewing Science
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the brewing, beverage or food manufacturing industry
- 10+ years Quality experience with 5+ in a managerial role.
- Experience in a GFSI implementation and or maintenance
- HACCP Certified, PCQI certified
- Experience with statistical evaluation of production data, control charts etc.
- Experience with batching, blending and fermentation
- Knowledge of quality management, total quality concepts, statistical analysis and process control required.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and statistical analysis programs
- Experience with SQF
- Experience managing analytical and microbiology laboratories
- MS or MBA
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.