Quality Assurance Packaging Technician
We are currently hiring a Quality Assurance Packaging Technician in Cincinnati, OH.
The Quality Technician will ensure the integrity of each batch of product and consistent quality of production by enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems; conducting analyses, validating processes and providing documentation. This position will fill an essential role in monitoring quality programs through regular process checks as well as short and long-term projects. Assist in the decision-making process as it related to production and release of product.
What You’ll Do:
- Collect and conduct analysis of product at various stages along the production process as well as finished product to validate the integrity and quality standards/specifications and ensure that no bad beer leaves the brewery. Including but not limited to:
- Perform Secure Seal Tests (SST) and acts on results.
- Verify, coding, Packaging and labeling (overall product) meets quality specifications.
- Verify correct case, bottle and notch codes while in production process.
- Daily collect samples for the taste panel.
- Trouble shoots packaging material defects.
- Verify keg beer quality by performing designated QA checks.
- Perform calibration checks of packaging lab equipment.
- Record all tank/product changes to assure the proper beer is being produced.
- Performs TPO / Fill / CO2 checks and decides if filler needs adjustments, shut down or continue running based on the SPC data generated
- Operate Beer Analyzer equipment to analyze and ensure product integrity.
- Must observe and practice all Brewery Safety Procedures. Includes wearing the proper PPE always on the Packaging Floor.
- Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Using equipment and SOP validation processes, determines whether product meets specification to release or hold. Including but not limited to: out of spec product, raw materials and packaging materials. Notify QA Supervisor regarding process deviations and/or when production is (or will be) outside of control parameters
- As designated, participate in effective analysis and management of the “hold” process. Including but not limited to:
- Analysis of all Taptone rejects and record results. Determine reason for leak (properly report finding to Quality Supervisor.
- Daily inspection of autoflush systems to verify equipment is working properly and in accordance with quality standards.
- Daily inspection of Filtecs to ensure that product is filling at appropriate levels. Make decisions based on findings. May need to shut down line and hold product. Work with Maintenance department to repair/correct issues. Prepare documentation, obtain samples for analysis and determination of next steps. Hold or release
- Run PU meters through pasteurizer and act on results.
- Conduct regular daily seam analysis. Evaluate to ensure that can line seaming operation is within specifications and determine if they are any leakers. Determine if line should continue or cease operation until corrected.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment, effectively communicate and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participation in Sensory Analysis. Includes, triangle testing and tasting samples from each new product introduced to the line.
- Communicate with various team members about issues following and enforcing all relevant Safety and Quality procedures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects. Make recommendations for improved processes.
- Accurately conduct and document daily and monthly audits and processes regarding GMP’s and HACCP plan. Enforce and follow all brewery and food safety standards. Shut down processes that do not comply with BBC GMP’s and notify proper parties.
- Work with QA Management on packaging material qualifications. Ensure quality standards are met. Including, but not limited to, stack tests, crown, label and new bottle integrity/standard testing.
- Must be able to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Communicate with co-workers face to face, via brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Accurately manage the product retain (Beer Library). Collect, document and store the proper amount of product from each tank to ensure compliance with regulatory (TTB) needs as well as brewery procedures.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years industry experience.
- Concentration in Technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP through work experience
- Must be proficient with computers and automated equipment to input and understand data as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and QI Analyst
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and production safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully work in a self-directed work force
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in multi-functional departments.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach
- Continuous Improvement experience – Lean Manufacturing and/or TPM.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.