Supply Chain Transformation Brewery Operational Excellence Leader
We are currently hiring a SCT Brewery Operational Excellence Leader in Cincinnati, Ohio
What You’ll Do:
- Leads cross functionally by driving organizational change, cultivating relationships, putting staff in a position to succeed, building effective matrixed teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals, driving engagement and creating a climate where the staff is motivated to do their best.
- Leads from the factory floor, coaching and developing leaders and hourly-staff.
- Ability to lead without authority. Consults and advises Brewery Leadership team in the lean methodologies.
- Develops and implements a lean strategy for the site based on losses.
- Responsible for properly balancing the need for good business processes and skills with systems and tools. Also, responsible to be an unbiased leader in representing and supporting the needs of all team members: Business, IT, full time employees, temporary employees, contractors, or consultants.
- Works collaboratively across the matrixed organization and implementation partners
- Responsible for structuring and managing proper implementation timelines, resourcing plans, and costing
- Develop and maintain tools, systems, procedures for lean programs, with an emphasis on problem solving, continuous improvement, and value stream mapping.
- Partners with our Finance Business Partners to ensure manufacturing performance is clearly tied to financial performance.
- Train and coach all levels and function in lean principles and their application
- Monitor brewery performance and analyze data to identify focused opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity, utilization, and quality.
- Is in-tune and deeply considers the culture of the site when developing plans. Optimizes employee engagement in all lean programs.
- Identify and deliver quality improvements as part of the continuing assessment process.
- Ability to apply lean practices to speed material flow, drive out waste and reduce inventory.
- Identity techniques to document, analyze and improve the flow of information or materials required as part of the production process.
- Apply the 5S system of lean to manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Improve the effectiveness of communication and reaction through the use of visual management (MES, white boards and productivity signals).
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) critical to ensuring project team has the performance data needed to sustain improvements against established goals.
- Leverage relationships with front line workers to achieve and sustain lean initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study of Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business Management
- Minimum of 4-6 years across progressive roles in manufacturing direct-leadership roles
- Proven ability with implementing lean methodologies at the factory level
- Proven ability with large-scale change management
- Proven ability to promote the adoption of standardized processes and systems
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment within a factory
- Proven track record of learning, designing, and implementing good business process and systems
- Proven track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives resulting in sustained results and embedded behaviors across complex manufacturing environments
- Knowledge and experience with TPM Steps 1-7
- Direct Leadership role in either Operations or Maintenance Function
- Fast-moving Consumer Goods manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma certification (Black Belt, Green Belt)
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain planning process
- Workfront system knowledge and use a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.