We are currently hiring a Technical Brewer in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Technical Brewer is responsible for development and implementation of BBCO global brewing and blending standards across all owned and 3rd party production facilities. They will partner with the Brewing Innovation Team and support all new product transitions from R&D to production scale, protecting flavor profile and product integrity. We’re looking for someone who can lead continuous improvement efforts – ideation, investigating new technologies, trials, and execution of solutions to enhance Brewing and Blending operations. You’ll get the opportunity to collaborate with the Process Engineering team to support capital projects, execute trials, lead technical explorations, and solve process anomalies.
What You’ll Do:
- Works with senior department leadership to establish priorities for the Technical Brewing Group that drives improved safety & quality performance, brewery utilization, gross margin improvement, and better fit of BBC recipes and processes to the production locations.
- Author and Audit corporate brewing and process standards, includes operational standardization across breweries, investigating new technology, and assistance in training/developing brewing staff.
- Identify Brewing Control Points (BCP’s) for each process segment to ensure alignment between the breweries and to provide senior management with an accurate, easy to reference, comparison of current operational state
- Support 3rd party production sites as subject matter experts and BBCO process owners.
- Focus on development trial management and tracking systems in BBCO production breweries that drive effective learning and controls the level of operational disruption.
- Actively participates in ideation and development of new products for all brewery/cidery taproom sites and production locations.
- Continually identifies opportunities for resource optimization and gross margin improvement in BBC Brewing operations that increase efficiencies while preserving or improving Quality of the beer drinker’s experience.
- Works along with other Brewing Innovation Group members to benchmark external breweries and other manufacturers/suppliers for comparative data on equipment and/or processes that apply to BBC opportunities in material handling, brew house optimization, cold processing, expansion solutions, innovative staffing models, quality integration, maintenance, sustainability, and other areas of interest.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum Requirements:
- BS in Brewing, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, BioChem, or the equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in brewing or blending/beverage industry.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Degree work in Chemistry, Biology, Manufacturing Systems, Engineering, Beverage Production a strong plus.
- Experience in people & project management, experimental design, fermentation management, ingredients.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.