Quality Assurance Lab Co-Op
We are currently hiring a Quality Assurance Laboratory Co-Op at our Samuel Adams Brewery in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The QA Laboratory Co-op at the Cincinnati Brewery is an opportunity to learn about the beer making process and quality assurance. You will also develop laboratory management and time management skills. The position reports to the Quality Manager and it entails analytical and microbiological analysis of wort and beer from the brew house through packaging.
You will learn how to operate and troubleshoot lab equipment along with how to identify microbial growth on plates. Additionally, you will be working closely with the Quality team to schedule testing and go about your daily tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Chemical analysis on in-process beers and finished product
- Cell counts and fermentation tracking
- Perform scheduled microbiological analysis
- Record daily analysis results in QA databases
- Maintain overall cleanliness and sanitation of lab
- Participate in team meetings and communicate regularly with the brewing team
- Shipping and receiving lab samples / package
- Time management and organizational skills are essential.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Social Security Number needed by first day of employment
- Must be able to commute daily to the Cincinnati Brewery in the West End, OH.
- Currently studying in following Undergraduate Majors: Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or brewing program.
- Home brewing or other progress towards brewing experience a plus
- Sterile plate technique a plus
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing schedule
- Ability to be on your feet and in motion for a majority of the day
- Writes clearly and effectively, document activities and presents ideas
- Adheres to voicemail and email response expectations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to all aspects of the manufacturing environment while working
- Ability to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills including: Professional attitude and demeanor
- Follows up on commitments
- Able to put own interests aside for the good of the group
- Instills commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
- Expresses him/herself in an honest, positive, and up-beat manner
- Is self-motivated, constant focus on raising the bar
- Sense of urgency
- Identifies problems, evaluates several options and recommendations, and supports a solution
- Stays focused on the real problem and does not become easily side tracked
- Ability to see the larger picture and keeps this in mind when making decisions
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, paid sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Not to mention, brown bag lunches with senior leadership, assigned mentors, and social events with other co-ops.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.