We are currently hiring a Sensory Co-Op in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The co-op with the Cincinnati Sensory team will support daily production and sensory projects at the Cincinnati Brewery location. Daily support includes daily taste panels (set up, execution, and clean-up) and sensory training.
Sensory projects include building and expanding the training program, daily release panels, special projects, etc. Focus is on sensory for beer, cider, tea, hard seltzer, and other products as requested.
The brewery environment is fast paced but friendly, so the co-op should have good time management skills and a strong work ethic, but also enjoy the comradery and fun team events with the brewery team.
What You’ll Do:
- Protect the sensory profile of high-quality products and ensure profile consistency
- Help to ensure the day-to-day quality of the product by monitoring the sensory characteristics of the brand’s various processing stages
- Maintain records for quality tracking
- Assist in managing and maintaining all aspects of the sensory panel
- Assist in training of new panelists and panel assessment techniques, as required
- Prepare, conduct, and monitor all types of sensory panels, which includes daily panel, tetrads, ranking, duo-trio tests, etc.
- Gather samples, prep panels, schedule and execute panels, and collect and report data
- Maintain lab organization – includes cleaning up before and after each panel and maintaining inventory of sensory supplies
- Create and organize shipments for approvals or across brewery locations
- Learn and understand how sensory assists in quality assurance in an active production brewery
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be enrolled in a brewing program or have a B.S. in Brewing, Psychology, Food Science Technology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Previous sensory and lab experience preferred
- Knowledge of brewery operations preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and make knowledgeable, quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to multi-task, are essential
- Candidates that are results oriented, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious, and take initiative
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to continuously changing priorities
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills that allow for effective working relationships at all levels across the organization
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Teams)
- Willing to follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, paid sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Not to mention, brown bag lunches with senior leadership, assigned mentors, and social events with other co-ops.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.