Taproom Assistant Manager
The Tap Room Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Tap Room (Front of House) at the Samuel Adams Tap Room. The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager in creating a world class Tap Room and Brewery by providing the Tap Room team with superior beer education and hospitality training. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for ensuring sound operations at the Tap Room, which includes but is not limited to; proper staffing and scheduling, a solid understanding of COGS and inventory procedures, safety and sales building. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for helping to oversee the culture, craft and creativity of the Tap Room.
What You’ll Do:
- Opens/Closes Tap Room – weekend and weekday shifts.
- Participates in hiring, scheduling and training of all Tap Room employees.
- Responsible adhering to employment laws.
- Ensuring Tap Room facilities are fully functioning on a daily basis, reporting issues requiring attention to General Manager while driving for ongoing improvements to the Tap Room
- Serving as point person on site for all Tap Room Programming and Reservations, ensuring all performers, vendors and reserved parties are given the resources and attention needed.
- Works closely with Brewing Operations on:
- Receiving beer at the Tap Room.
- Maintaining proper beer inventory levels at the Tap Room.
- Updating Tap Room printed menus as needed
- Requesting specialty beers for the Tap Room.
- Beer education for the Public House staff and guests.
- Cost of goods – Inventory
- Supplies – tracks and forecasts supply needs; i.e. glassware, cleaning supplies, gift cards, retail items.
- Conducts inventory as needed – weekly and/or monthly based on area of responsibility.
- Works with BBC to address inventory discrepancies and work on solutions to control shrinkage.
- Cash handling
- Daily oversight and reporting of cash on hand, including prepping deposits and placing change orders as needed
- In charge of ensuring all Tap Room employees have completed training mandated
- Ensure all Tap Room employees have competed assigned safety training as mapped out by Boston Beer
- Ensures that the cleanliness of the Tap Room and the safety of our guests and employees are maintained at all times.
- Works with security to ensure only guests of legal age are permitted on the premises during volume hours.
- In conjunction with all management, enforces compliance and adherence to all employment policies within the Assistant Manager’s area of responsibility.
- Partakes in oral and written discipline.
- Assists with terminations as needed.
- Training and development
- In charge of Tap Room employees position training – bartenders, tour guides, bar backs, etc.
- In charge of beer training and continued beer education for all Tap Room staff.
- Partners with General Manager to complete employee evaluations on an annual basis.
- Works with Head brewer to continuously develop and create an exceptional tour experience for the Tap Room guests.
- Assists with development of part time employees.
- Partners with external sales team for scheduling VIP brewery tours and visits.
- Manages through a “hands on” approach. This includes but is not limited to non-scheduled assistance with bartending, retail, bar backing and security.
- Exudes culture, creativity and fun on every shift by living our values.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years either in retail/restaurant management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Passion for craft beer and a desire to learn.
- Ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations.
- Strong computer skills. Must be well versed in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Outgoing and personable.
- Open to coaching and constructive feedback from peers and leadership team.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to interact well with others and conduct a fun, interactive, educational and successful promotion involving alcohol.
- Experience in the craft beer industry
- A.S. or B.S. college degree preferred
- T.I.P.S. certified
- Craft beer background
- Experience working with Square
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit bostonbeer.taleo.net.