Brewing Operations Co-Op
We are currently hiring a Brewing Co-Op in the Cincinnati Taproom Brewery.
This position is responsible for assisting the Cincinnati Taproom brewery and all trials and brewing associated with it. As instructed by the Taproom Brewing Manager or Taproom Head Brewer, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily execution of all brewing functions, monitoring brewing quality, and always ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions.
What You’ll Do:
- Become competent in the safe operations of functions related to brewing operations.
- Assist in daily brewery operations.
- Cleaning & sanitation of tanks.
- Update, maintain and develop CIP/cleaning procedures for all process equipment.
- Collect and maintain all records for processing, CIP, cleaning and servicing of equipment.
- Uphold overall cleanliness and sanitation of brewery.
- Maintain data entry in inventory and production logs.
- Promotes high product quality achievement within a professional work environment.
- Special projects per Taproom Brewing staff.
- Understanding of and compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and overall brewery sanitation and safety.
- Opportunity to design experiments and revise / write procedures for the right candidate.
- Support events / functions of the Cincinnati Brewery as requested / necessary.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Resourceful with a ‘get-it-done, can-do’ attitude. Must be able to function at a high level in a dynamic environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Willing to work shifts and weekends as needed to support production.
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently studying in following Undergraduate Majors: Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a Brewing program.
- Student must be 21 years of age.
- Home brewing or other progress towards brewing experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing schedule.
- Ability to be on your feet and in motion for a majority of the day.
- Must be able to lift (55) pounds.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, paid sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Not to mention, brown bag lunches with senior leadership, assigned mentors, and social events with other co-ops.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.