Start and end your day Saucy.
JOB TITLE: Bar Manager – Ohio City Brewpub
EMPLOYER: Saucy Brew Works – Ohio City
REPORTS TO: Regional General Manager
SUMMARY: Manages and directs bar/beverage operations and activities to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and monitors standards for bar including but not limited to personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, advertising, and publicity.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management techniques to maximize revenues.
- Monitors overall condition of bar, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure bar is performing at established standards.
- Ensures that patrons’ needs are fulfilled and their experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to patrons’ feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure bar remains current.
- Ensures all food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all designated glassware/garnishes for drinks; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons.
- Helps to hire, train, supervise, motivate, and develop bar staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 5+ employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Computer skills required: Point of Sale Software (Toast), Inventory Management (xtraCHEF), Human Resource Systems (ADP); Spreadsheet Software (Excel), Word Processing Software (Word), Electronic Mail Software (Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand.
- Continually required to walk.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.