Who We Are
Sibling Revelry Brewing was founded by a family of brothers and cousins from Cleveland who wanted to share their passion for great beer with others. Noticing a lack of breweries in the west side suburbs, the relatives set out to create a unique taproom and drinking experience rooted right in their own backyards. Our taproom is where family and friends meet to grab a brew, talk about Cleveland sports and relax after a long day at the office. Unwind at our bar and enjoy a view of our brewhouse, or relive your childhood and play a board game. Weather permitting, enjoy a cold brew on the outdoor patio, perfect for friends and pups alike. Since inception, we’ve expanded our taproom by adding wine and cocktails as well as adding a small bites menu. Our full kitchen is coming soon!
About the Opportunity
The Staff Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, preparing month-end close procedures, and calculating commissions monthly. A successful Staff Accountant combines analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment without compromising attention to detail or accuracy.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements (i.e. balance sheets, income statements, etc.), or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Calculate monthly sales commissions for assigned sales team members.
- Assist with inventory management as needed.
- Report to management regarding the finances of organization.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology.
- Monitor taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of all accounting tasks.
- An in-depth understanding of and experience applying GAAP
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar software is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables. Ability to take and pass a background check
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance to the satisfaction of management
- Must be able to operate a computer and other position related technologies
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
- Must be able to clearly and confidentially communicate with TruWest employees and other stakeholders
- Must adhere to all TruWest Values at all times
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Must be able to access work locations
- Must be able to stoop, stand, walk, bend, and stay upright to perform work
- Must be able to visually read written and digital information
- Must be able to visually determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and/or to make general observations of facilities or structures
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication
Behaviors – Preferred
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Motivations – Preferred
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Education – Required
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Experience – Required
- 5 years: Demonstrated experience as an Accountant, including experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.