Under general direction of the Head Brewer, we are looking for an experienced Brewer that will be an integral part of Sonder’s overall growth by handling and maintaining daily production needs. This Brewer is expected to be punctual, self-motivated, and contribute within a teamwork environment.
- Execute the following daily tasks; CIP’s, wort, production, raw material handling, yeast propagation, and
fermentation management, filtration, and finishing, brite beer handling and packing.
- Must clean all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Continually clean and maintain all brewery/production areas, including mill room and brewhouse.
- Must adhere to all appropriate SOP’s (i.e., brewhouse, cellar, and can line).
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles.
- Attend brewery staff meetings.
- Assist in any other department as needed.
- Maintain clear communication with other departments.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Complete basic QA tests (i.e., Gravity checks, cell counts, pH test).
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum 5,000 bbl annual barrel production experience.
- Basic troubleshooting skills within a brewing/manufacturing setting.
- Understanding of the Metric System, preferred.
- General knowledge of practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in production.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift experience.
- Must be able to lift, up to 110 lbs. within different capacities and move 150 lbs. regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, and work in small and confined
- Ability to work safely in small spaces, loud environments, climb stairs, ramps and ladders.
- Must work safely around chemicals.
To apply for this job please visit sonderbrewing.com.