Head Brewer — Twin Oast Brewing | Specializing in Farm-to-Fermenter
Twin Oast is an award winning, Farm-to-Fermenter brewery located on a 60-acre family farm. We are looking for an organized, experienced, and innovative Head Brewer to be the leader of our brewing team. While we take pride in creating beers that are stylistically flawless, our mission is to become Ohio’s premiere producer of fruited clean and sour ales. Ideal candidates will have expertise and creativity needed to help us achieve that goal.
This position will be responsible for leading a team of brewers producing wort on a 15BBL 3-vessel brewhouse, while ordering ingredients and maintaining all necessary brewhouse records. This brewer reports directly to our co-founder/GM and they will work hand in hand to create brewery roadmaps.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leads day-to-day activities needed to produce consistent, high quality beer.
- Manage all aspects of the brewing operations from wort production, fermentation, and cellaring to packaging.
- Develop recipes to expand on our Farm-to-Fermenter mission.
- Lead our brewery team in the development of a barrel-aged sour program.
- Uphold current and develop new SOPs for maintaining a sanitary brewing environment.
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes
- Ensure compliance with all Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) standards, and required documentation
- Manage the work environment that is safe for all employees and visitors implementing procedures, conducting trainings, and addressing and curing safety deficiencies
- Use current brewery software (Ekos) to maintain inventory of raw ingredients, finished products.
- Coordinate & build a brewing schedule to meet sales & event needs
- Manage / conduct quality checks, process audits of brewery to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Manage yeast health and beer fermentations for both clean and wild ales
- Coordinate all packaging needs
- Being a brand ambassador at all times
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of three years work experience in a high-volume brewpub or production brewery
- Experience with barrel aging, sour beer production, and bottle conditioning
- Forklift certified or previous forklift certification
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds, frequently bend and maneuver around tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift (8-12 hours)
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in a non-temperature controlled environment
- Mechanical inclination preferred
This is a full time, salaried position — salary is subject to brewer’s experience. The hired employee will be eligible for group medical benefits, as well as PTO as outlined in our employee handbook.
To apply for this job email your resume, references, contact information, etc to email@example.com