Ohio Brewery News
Nocterra Brewing will host their inaugural Noctoberfest celebration on Saturday, October 26 at their brewery in Powell. This ticketed, 21+ event will feature the release of Nocterra’s new Festbier, a malty, autumnal lager perfect for enjoying the changing colors of the season. Attendees will receive a 16 oz. souvenir mug and three beer tickets (additional drink tickets available at the event). Get details for all of the day’s festivities at facebook.com/nocterrabrewing
- Seventh Son will release cans of Chester Copperpot, a smoked German-style altbier, starting today at their taproom in Italian Village.
- “When what to my wondering eyes did appear, but Citra Noel, the hoppy holiday beer” (from Columbus Brewing Company, on store shelves this week.)
- Strategy, diplomacy, luck… and beer: the Beers and Board Games Club of Columbus will hold their annual 24-hour charity gaming marathon on Saturday, November 2 at Olentangy River Brewing in Lewis Center.
- ICYMI: 2 Tones and BrewDog teamed up on a collaboration brew called Charge It to the Room, a hazy double IPA on tap now at the 2 Tones taproom in Whitehall.
Back in July, we reported on Boss Dog Brewing‘s new canning equipment being moved into the Cleveland Heights brewery. This week, the first cans of their flagship IPA, Millennial Hipster, came rolling off the line. You can pick up six-packs at the brewery now, and it will be appearing at select Cleveland-area retailers soon. Follow Boss Dog on Facebook for more updates on this and future can releases: facebook.com/bossdogbrewing –
- Today, Terrestrial Brewing is tapping Ken Missed the Bus, a hoppy American wheat beer, at their brewery tasting room in Battery Park.
- The Butcher and the Brewer took home the championship belt from last weekend’s Celebration of the Hop fest, winning top honors for Drinker Nisti black IPA.
- This week, Southern Tier tapped their Cleveland-brewed Strawberry Milkshake IPA at their downtown brewpub.
- ICYMI: The Brew Kettle released their Winter Warmer spiced ale in cans this past week.
Congrats to UnHitched Brewing, who will hold their grand opening in Louisville on Saturday, October 26. The community northeast of Canton gets its first craft brewery, housed in the historic Louisville Bowl building; the bar top and tables were constructed from wood reclaimed from the original bowling lanes. Brewer Garret Conley will not only be rolling out craft beers from the brewhouse, but also in charge of the brewpub’s charcuterie program (not available this weekend, but coming soon). More details at facebook.com/unhitchedbrew
- Cheers to three years of beers from MadCap Brew Co. in Kent! Celebration kicks off today, grab a four-pack of Gold Flash golden ale!
- Take home a medal winner from Hoppin’ Frog: mixed barrel aged four-packs of Great American Beer Festival bronze medalist Pentuple will be available on Saturday, October 26.
- Headtrip Brewery has tapped their Quad-Hopped Roggenbier, a dry hopped rye beer, at their brewery tasting room in Stow.
- Spicer St. Christmas ale is back on tap for the season at Akronym Brewing in downtown Akron.
Congrats to Aistear Brewing, who will hold the grand opening of their new brewery in Bowling Green on Saturday, October 26. The taproom – which owners Christopher Thompson and Christopher Gilmore refer to as the “Great Hall” – draws lots of inspiration from table-top games, including a tap stack in the shape of a 20-sided die. Get more details on this weekend’s celebration at facebook.com/aistearbrewing
You learn something new every day: the autumn berry is the fruit of the autumn olive tree (Elaeagnus umbellate), indigenous to eastern Asia, but considered an invasive species in North America. As Sixth Sense Brewing discovered, this small, red fruit is uniquely tart and sweet, making a perfect feature ingredient for Autumn Gold, a tart wheat beer featuring locally-foraged autumn berries (plus red and black raspberries). Try it on draft at the taproom in Jackson.
On Saturday, October 26, Streetside Brewery will release Robe, their collaboration brew with Holtman’s Donut Shop and Cincy Weekend. This sweet stout was brewed with red velvet donuts, lending a cake and cream cheese frosting aroma to this 9% ABV top rope elbow drop of a brew. Get to the brewery early: Holtman’s will have the inspiration red velvet donuts on hand starting at 10 a.m. Get all the release details at facebook.com/streetsidebrewery
- Listermann Brewing will release Cranium imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with coffee and vanilla, as well as orange and chocolate marshmallow variants, on Saturday, October 26.
- Silverton’s HighGrain Brewing will hold their Harvest Fest on Saturday, October 26, kicking off at 1 p.m. with the tapping of Nordic Red IPA.
- Swine City Brewing will dedicate several taps on Saturday, October 26 to flavor variants of their I Put a Spell on You pumpkin ale at their brewery tasting room in Fairfield.
- This week, Wiedemann Brewery released their newest hoppy creation, By George, a double IPA with Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe, Columbus and Eukanot hops.
Wishing a warm welcome to Moeller Brew Barn in Troy, the newest member of the Ohio Craft Brewers Association! The offshoot location of the popular rural brewery in Maria Stein, the Troy outpost is housed in a beautifully restored church just west of the town square. Boasting a wide variety of craft beer, a full brewpub menu, a spacious outdoor beer garden and, we’re told, the largest grain silo in the city of Troy, this is a miraculous addition to Miami County. Make plans to visit and get your Ohio On Tap passport stamp!