Ohio Brewery News
Cheers to 27 years of beers from Barley’s Brewing Company! The venerable Columbus brewpub will celebrate the occasion with the annual tapping of their Christmas Ale tonight at 7 p.m. Columbus Blue Jackets anthem singer Leo Welsh will once again tap the ceremonial first keg. Join in the revelry and take home a free commemorative Barley’s pint glass with your first Christmas Ale purchase. Get all the details at facebook.com/barleysbrewing
- Sideswipe Brewing’s Seasons Beatings Christmas ale returns in six packs this Saturday, Nov. 9 at the brewery taproom.
- North High Brewing will host a screening of the short film documentary For the Love of Craft at their High Street taproom on Tuesday, Nov. 12.
- Columbus Brewing Company will donate one dollar from each full pour of Thank a Veteran IPA in November to the Wounded Warriors Family Support Fund.
- This week, Antiques on High released Rival Dad, a new hazy IPA made with Palisade and Galaxy hops, at their Brewery District taproom.
The chill of late fall has descended on Ohio, which means at least one good thing to craft beer enthusiasts: stout season is upon us! On Sunday, Nov. 10, Saucy Brew Works will pull beers up from the cellar for their inaugural Barrel Aged Brunch. The Ohio City taproom doors open at 9 a.m. for a special brunch menu designed to complement the four barrel aged stouts on tap. Get the full beer and food lineup at facebook.com/saucybrewworks
- Today, the Brew Kettle will put forth Pre-Cretaceous Pils, a pre-Prohibition pilsner produced in partnership with a plucky pack of preeminent purveyors of pints.
- Terrestrial Brewing is tapping Puffy Cloud, a New England-style IPA with Mosaic and Southern Passion hops, today at their brewery tasting room in Battery Park.
- Sibling Revelry Brewing’s Imperial Cosmic Cocoa stout made its return to retail shelves around Northeast Ohio this week.
- ICYMI: The Butcher and the Brewer released their Christmas ale, Spice Spice Baby, last week at their downtown brewpub.
Cheers to 4 years of beers from Birdfish Brewing in Columbiana! The weekend long festivities kick off today at their “Down Low” brewery taproom with the can release of Hypnotic Haze, a double dry hopped New England IPA. On Saturday, the “Up Top” taproom will host a small batch sour tap takeover and glass giveaway starting at noon, followed by the tapping of a gin barrel aged Belgian Tripel at 3 p.m. Down Low. Sunday will see the release of two more beers: Chairy Hest imperial sour cherry Berliner Weisse and Cobra Cayenne barrel aged hot raspberry barleywine. Get all the details at facebook.com/birdfishbrew
- Thirsty Dog will tap a small batch beer from their pilot brew system today at the Akron Taphouse; Amaru is a Belgian Tripel conditioned on Ohio-grown blackberries.
- Blue Heron Brewery will hold their first Christmas ale tapping on Saturday, Nov. 9 at the brewpub in Medina.
- Paladin Brewing will tap Holy Knight, their seasonal apple pie brown ale, on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at the brewery tasting room in Austintown.
- Biker Brewhouse has released bottles of Midnight Rider, a barrel aged chocolate pumpkin Russian imperial stout, at their taproom in Austintown.
Veteran’s Day is Monday, Nov. 11 – this year marks the 101st anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I – and Upside Brewing is honoring those who put their lives on the line to serve America. Veterans and active military personnel will receive a discount on pints of Full Salute IPA while it is on tap at the Sylvania brewpub. Upside will also donate a portion of proceeds on Tuesdays in November to HOOVES, a non-profit horse therapy program for veterans. Details at facebook.com/upsidebrewing
- Take an in-depth, behind-the-scenes tasting tour at Twin Oast Brewing in Port Clinton this Sunday, Nov. 10 and take home a souvenir pilsner glass.
- Fans of spiced holiday ales, act fast: Maumee Bay Brewing’s Uber Blitzen, the 16% ABV big brother of their Blitzen Christmas ale, is on tap for a limited time at the downtown Toledo brewpub.
Ho, Ho, Homestead? ‘Tis the season for the release of Tannenbaum, Homestead Beer Company’s spiced winter ale. This annual favorite packs an impressive amount of ginger into the recipe to complement the complex, sweet malt character. A bouquet of traditional mulling spices and mild bittering hops bring a drinkable balance to this 7.3% ABV winter warmer. Available on draft at Homestead’s Heath taproom and in bottles soon at select retailers. Details at facebook.com/homesteadbeerco
Cheers to a year of beer from Sonder Brewing! The Mason brewery is pulling out all the stops for their anniversary celebration on Saturday, Nov. 9 with an impressive 13 hourly beer tappings starting at 10 a.m. Eight of those will also be available in bottles and cans to-go, ranging from sweet beers like Kenosha Kickers apple streusale to funky brews like Road to Casablanca wild ale. Get all the release details at facebook.com/sonderbrewing
- Cheers to two years of beers from Fretboard Brewing in Blue Ash! Drummer Boy winter warmer ale gets a can release tonight, alongside live music on Fretboard’s stage all weekend.
- Brink Brewing, the back-to-back winner of Very Small Brewery of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival will have a gold medal party with their award-winning brews on Saturday, Nov. 9.
- Christian Moerlein is releasing their seasonal Christkindl winter warmer ale today at their Malt House taproom in Over-the-Rhine.
- Trivet, Urban Artifact’s new cranberry lemonade gose, will be available in cans throughout Ohio this coming week.
It has proven to be quite the winding road for the past few years, but the Wandering Griffin has finally arrived. The craft-focused pub-turned-brewery in Beavercreek will release their initial seven brews to the public on Saturday, Nov. 9. While the Wandering Griffin has not yet released the beer list as of the time of this publishing, they were soliciting crowdsourced names for a milk stout earlier this week, so that seems a safe bet to make the menu. Get your Ohio On Tap passport stamp starting at noon on Saturday. Event details at facebook.com/wanderingg
- The secret is out: Warped Wing’s annual collaboration with Esther Price Candies, Esther’s Li’l Secret, is a chocolate sea salt caramel Scotch ale.
- Cheers to six years of beers from Star City Brewing in Miamisburg! Pre-sales for bottles of Twisted Mill coffee stout end Tuesday, Nov. 12 with pickup available at the brewery on Saturday, Nov. 16.