Ohio Brewery News
- Land-Grant Brewing Company has long been an advocate for sustainable brewery practices and environmental stewardship. On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Land-Grant will host Defend Our Beer, a public forum on the effects of climate change on the brewing industry. The event will begin at 6 p.m. at Land-Grant’s brewery taproom in Franklinton. For details, visit facebook.com/landgrantbrewingco
- Parsons North Brewing released their first house brewed beers this past week, an American stout and an English ale.
- Columbus Brewing Company released Skateland, the newest edition of their rotating pale ale series, to distribution this week.
- Press It For Glory, a double IPA featuring Medusa hops, is now available from 2 Tones Brewing Company.
- Barley’s to host fundraising event for Central Ohio Habitat for Humanity’s “The House That Beer Built” program.
- Cheers to three years of beers from Sibling Revelry Brewing! The celebration will start at noon on Saturday, Feb. 23rd at the brewery in Westlake with the can release of Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Cosmic Cocoa Chocolate Stout. A limited number of bomber bottles of 2019 Syble Imperial Oyster Stout will also be available for purchase, along with several special draft offerings, food trucks, live music and more. Read all about it at facebook.com/siblingrevelrybrewing
- Great Lakes to release new Great Lakes IPA at their brewpub on Monday, Feb. 25; wider distribution to follow.
- Winter Warmer Fest beer list published: more than 200 beers from 62 Ohio craft breweries to be poured at Windows on the River on Saturday, March 9.
- The Butcher & the Brewer has released Lucy Lager, an Ethiopian spiced lager tribute to the oldest human ancestor species ever found.
- Cans of Ctown IPA and Hope Flows Kolsh from Collision Bend Brewing are now available at select Cleveland area retailers.
- Congrats to Maize Valley and brewer Jake Turner, who took home the trophy in the annual Stout It Out Loud competition held at the Butcher and the Brewer in Cleveland. Maize Valley’s Café Cubano Espresso Stout brought home the hardware this year, besting 32 other Ohio-brewed stouts in the contest. Read more about this win and Turner’s other brewing accolades at Maize Valley’s Facebook page.
- Ignite Brewing to tap Ignite Freedom, their new Scottish wee heavy, at 3 p.m. today at their Barberton tasting room.
- Birdfish Brewing will hold a can release of Pineapple OG milkshake IPA on Saturday, Feb. 23 at their Down Low production brewery in Columbiana.
- R.Shea Brewing released their new Double West Coast Citra IPA this week at their Akron brewery taproom.
- Velvet Skeleton, the new milk stout from Noble Creature Cask House, is now on tap at their Youngstown brewery tasting room.
- Earnest Brew Works released two new can offerings into the northwest Ohio market this week. Crunchy Hippie granola brown ale and New Sincerity, a west coast IPA with intense citrus and floral aromas, were both packaged in six-packs and made available at Earnest’s south Toledo taproom this week. Distribution to retailers in Toledo and the surrounding area to follow soon. Read more about what’s happening this week at the brewery at facebook.com/earnestbeer
(Hat tip to the newly formed Northwest Ohio Craft Beer News for the photo, give them a follow!)
- Seasonal favorites ArMOUNDgeddon imperial milk stout and Sweet Indulgence raspberry milk stout on tap now at Black Cloister in Toledo.
- Freudian Slip Vienna lager and Fourth Wall IPA on tap now at Findlay Brewing Company.
- Cheers to two years of beers from Sixth Sense Brewing! Be at the brewery taproom in Jackson at noon on Saturday, Feb. 23 to be one of the first to enjoy Televittles, the anniversary collaboration hazy IPA made by Sixth Sense and Jackie O’s Brewery. Enjoy a game of “All Things Sixth Sense Brewing” trivia at 2 p.m. and live music in the brewery starting at 5 p.m. Get all the details at facebook.com/sixthsensebrewery
- Franconian Method, a Kulmbacher-style Export that Wooly Pig Farm Brewery made with a recipe from 1879 is on draft now at the taproom in Fresno.
- Trek Brewing tapped the new Wishing Star robust porter last week at their brewery tasting room in Newark.
- Spring is in the air… well, maybe not here in Ohio yet, but definitely in Goodyear, Arizona where the Cincinnati Reds are preparing for the 2019 baseball season. DogBerry Brewing is celebrating the exciting offseason additions to the Redlegs’ roster with the addition of On The Black black IPA and Bullpen Session IPA to their can lineup. Both beers – along with a re-release of Zestic IPA – will be available at DogBerry’s taproom in West Chester starting Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 2 p.m.
- Taft’s Brewing Company’s new Citrus IPA fermented with yuzu juice is now available in six packs at stores around the region.
- Subliminal Jam mixed berry sour ale, the latest in Rhinegeist’s Outer Reaches sour series, was released to distribution this week.
- The newest taproom exclusive beer at Sam Adams Cincinnati is the NE IPA Trial, available on draft now.
- And God Said, Let The Hippies Dance maibock is now on tap at Little Miami Brewing in Milford.
- Coffee and beer are the second and third most popular beverages in the world (can you guess the first, besides water*?) So when Fifth Street Brewpub makes four coffee-infused versions of their Ludwig’s Kolsch, you can guess that the tapping party is going to be a pretty popular event. Stop by the brewpub on Saturday, Feb. 23 and try a flight to compare and contrast the different coffees’ effects on the base beer. Get more details at facebook.com/fifthstreetbrewpub
- Branch & Bone’s Big Beer Bacchanal to celebrate strong, dark beers on Saturday, Feb. 23.
- Warped Wing will release Alebrije gose aged in tequila barrels on draft and in 12.7 ounce bottles on Saturday, Feb. 23.
*If you guessed “tea,” you’re correct! Reward yourself with a beer…