Ohio Brewery News
- The official kick off of the 2019 Columbus Crew SC season is Saturday, March 2 against the New York Red Bulls. Tonight, Endeavor Brewing will host a “Crewsmas Eve” event celebrating the first year of the #SavedTheCrew era. Endeavor will be tapping kegs of Saved, the collaboration golden ale made to support the public movement to keep the Crew in Columbus. It’s brewed with Victory malt and Columbus hops (naturally). Read more at endeavorbrewing.com
- Ill Mannered Brewing is throwing a “groundbreaking anniversary” party on Saturday, March 2 at their taproom in Powell.
- Hoof Hearted Brewing will hold a dual can release – Key Bump Triple IPA and Everybody Wants Some!! 3X double IPA – on Sunday, March 3 at the brewery in Marengo.
- Help Loose Rail Brewing decide what fruit to include in their new seasonal shandy, to be released at the Canal Winchester brewery’s anniversary party in May.
- North High Road Irish red ale will be seeing a can release into distribution across the state just in time for St. Paddy’s Day.
- Award-winning brew master Rick Seibt has teamed up with Brick & Barrel on a coffee stout that will be released today at Brick & Barrel’s brewery taproom in the Flats. The appropriately named Rick & Barrel stout will be offered in six variants, five of which feature coffee from local purveyors Duck Rabbit Coffee and Six Shooter Coffee. The sixth is a non-coffee cask version loaded with toasted coconut. Get all the details at facebook.com/brickandbarrel
- Masthead Brewing will release two cans on Saturday, March 2: A Series of Tubes NE IPA and Thunder Jockey double NE IPA – on Saturday, March 2.
- Southern Tier to release Saison du Funk, a barrel aged saison with Brett brewed and aged at their Cleveland brewery, on Thursday, March 7.
- Market Garden Shandy cans now available at the brewery store and at retail markets next week.
- Gemcutter farmhouse IPA, brewed with Idaho Gem hops and fermented with saison yeast, is on tap now at Noble Beast Brewing.
- Cheers to two years of beers from McArthur’s Brew House in Cuyahoga Falls! The festivities kick off today with a “keep the glass” promotion, while supplies last. Then on Saturday, March 2, the brewery will release a limited bottle run of their Barrel Aged Barley Wine starting at 1 p.m. The anniversary celebration runs through Sunday, get all the details at facebook.com/mcarthursbrewhouse
- Blue Heron Brewery to open to the public on Tuesday, March 5; will debut with a contract-brewed cream ale and guest taps while awaiting brewing license.
- Muskellunge Brewing’s first Bock Fest to be held on Saturday, March 2 at the taproom in Canton.
- Clearly Hypocritical, a collaboration triple hazy IPA, is now on tap at Magic City Brewing in Barberton and Missing Mountain Brewing in Cuyahoga Falls.
- Paradigm Shift’s new mango milkshake IPA, My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Bar, is on tap now at the brewery tasting room in Massillon.
- Cheers to two years of beers from Two Bandits Brewing! The Hicksville brewery will celebrate their anniversary on Saturday, March 2, highlighted by the release of The Flamethrower, a strawberry habanero ale bursting with fresh fruit and a lingering spicy heat. Two Bandits will also roll out their new seasonal brewpub menu starting Saturday and will soon be brewing in their new expanded brewery space built out from the existing building. Get more details on Saturday’s birthday bash at facebook.com/twobanditsbrewing
- Twin Oast Brewing will release Two Legit double IPA in cans and on draft on Saturday, March 2.
- Featured brew of the week at Father John’s Microbrewery in Bryan is Fire and Brimstone, a beechwood-smoked Kölsch.
- Jackie O’s will hold a bottle release of two highly anticipated blended beers on Friday, March 8. Polycephaly V is a blend of barrel aged imperial stouts conditioned on pounds of Madagascar vanilla beans. Polycephaly VI is a blend of hibiscus and key lime infused rye and wheat saisons, combined with a gin barrel aged sour ale. Bottle sales begin at 11 a.m. at both the production brewery taproom and public house locations in Athens. Details at facebook.com/jackieosbrewery
- Little Fish Reinheitsgewhat!? Rosé quick sour wheat ale now on tap at their brewery taproom in Athens.
- Granville Brewing Company about to release Zoinks It’s A G-G-G-Gose and will soon tap a toasted coconut stout.
- Cheers to two years of beers from March First Brewing! As you’d expect, the brewery’s anniversary party starts today, Friday, March 1, at their newly expanded taproom in Cincinnati. Timed tappings of special brews will be occurring all weekend long, including an Imperial Stout (with almond cookie and Oreo variants), Peanut Butter Swiss Chocolate Stout, Bourbon Cream Swiss Chocolate Stout, Maple Pecan Brown Ale, Mango Jalapeno IPA and Irish Coffee Red. For details, go to facebook.com/marchfirstbrewing
- West Side Brewing joins the Ohio Craft Brewers Association, added to Ohio On Tap app.
- Bockfest returns to Cincinnati this weekend with 12 Ohio-brewed bocks (and a handful of Kentucky ones) available.
- Listermann to release three NE IPA cans on Saturday, March 2: Brass Monkey, Brass Monkey Junkie (mango and guava variant), and Brew Force.
- Fibonacci Brewing now has bomber bottles available; seven varieties currently for sale.
- Ever wished you could do stuff with your hands while you’re holding a beer? Never fear, The Can Hand is here. Yellow Springs Brewery will host a launch event for the local koozie/glove hybrid maker on Saturday, March 2. Also, starting today, Yellow Springs will roll out some vintage bombers from their cellar: 2017 Carpet Nap Belgian quad and 2017 Picture of Nectar cabernet barrel aged saison. Details at facebook.com/yellowspringsbrewery
- Mother Stewart’s releasing Fainting Goat Doppelbock today at their Springfield brewery taproom.
- Star City to tap Prince Engleman Russian imperial stout on Monday, March 4 as part of their 1st and 3rd Monday small release series.