Ohio Brewery News
The Ohio Craft Brewers Association will kick-off the fifth annual Columbus Craft Beer Week with Six One Pour: The Ohio Craft Beer Fest at COSI (Center of Science & Industry) in downtown Columbus on Saturday, May 18. 50 Ohio craft breweries will pour samples of their unique and rare beers, including “Six One Pour,” the collaboration beer created by Central Ohio breweries for Columbus Craft Beer Week. General admission tickets are available in advance for $45 each; early admission tickets are currently on sale for $55 each. Get all the details at columbusbeerweek.com/sixonepour
- Combustion Brewery to host Pick Ohio Beer Fest with 10 participating Ohio breweries on Sat. March 23.
- Land-Grant Brewing to hold a vertical tasting of their Deep Search Baltic porter on Sunday, March 24.
- Low Hanging Brut, a collaboration beer from Seventh Son Brewing and Against the Grain Brewing, is on tap now at Seventh Son.
- Monochromatic Moon Mist hazy IPA is back on tap at Lineage Brewing in Clintonville.
Masthead Brewing is releasing three cans this Sunday, March 24 at their downtown Cleveland taproom. Shoot from the Hip is a New England IPA double dry hopped with Citra and Strata hops. Pony Goes Pink is Masthead’s International Women’s Day brew, a double IPA made with the Pink Boots Society hop blend and an addition of pink guava. Baseball Bat is a peanut butter and raspberry jelly imperial stout clocking in at a heavy 10.8% ABV. Details on the release are available at facebook.com/mastheadbrewingco
- Thirsty Dog will hold a Lenten special beer dinner tonight at their brewpub in the Flats.
- Platform’s new juicy IPA, No Invitation, will be released in cans at all Platform taprooms on Saturday, March 23.
- Goldhorn Brewery will release cans of Secret Identity red IPA on Tuesday, March 26.
- Nano Brew’s latest weekly beer is a Nitro Chocolate Milk Stout, available exclusively at their Ohio City brewpub.
Beer historians, take note: Missing Mountain Brewing plans to hold the first canned beer release in the history of Cuyahoga Falls on Saturday, March 23. Pocketful of Misses is a New England IPA double dry hopped with Citra, Idaho 7 and Vic Secrets hops. Pants Party is a tweaked version of the same beer, featuring more haze and tropical fruit from the Citra, Idaho Gem and Galaxy hops. Get details at facebook.com/missingmountainbrewing
- The Summit Brew Path brewery passport kicks off Saturday, March 23 with 22 stops and a chance to win a $2,000 grand prize.
- Birdfish Brewing’s Prodigal Sun double IPA will be re-released in cans this Saturday, March 23 at the “Down Low” production brewery in Columbiana.
- Hoppin’ Frog releases Rockwell Imperial Pilsner as a tribute to the Akron Water Department.
- Garuda Blackberry Gose, a small batch beer made with 84 pounds of blackberries, is on tap now at The Phoenix Brewing Company in Mansfield.
Findlay Brewing Company is tapping their new smoked pineapple wheat beer, ‘Ono (Hawai’ian for “delicious”), on Saturday, March 23. They’ll celebrate the occasion with a full-blown luau in their taproom, complete with a hog roast, hula dancing and a “best dressed Hawai’ian tourist” contest. Hula lessons start at 9:45 a.m. (pre-registration required) with the luau in earnest beginning at 11 a.m. Get all the details at facebook.com/findlaybrewing
Cheers to a year of beer from Double Edge Brewing in Lancaster! Join them for the celebration on Saturday, March 23 as they release several new beers, including their Silver Label anniversary lager and Axl Razz tart fruit ale. Food trucks will be on site all day, try your hand at trivia at 3 p.m. and take in some live music starting at 8 p.m. Get details on the festivities at facebook.com/doubleedgebeer
Spring has officially sprung at Christian Moerlein Brewing in Cincinnati, and that means the debut of a delicious new beer blend. Strawberry Banana Pig mixes Moerlein’s Strawberry Pig cream ale and Se7en hefeweizen to create a fruity, refreshing beer that’s perfect for the warming spring days that will soon be upon us. Get Strawberry Banana Pig on draft and in cans tonight at the Christian Moerlein Malt House taproom in Over-the-Rhine. Details at facebook.com/christianmoerlein
- Urban Artifact to release Squeezebox strawberry Midwest fruit tart variants in cans on Saturday, March 23.
- Sonder Brewing’s Opening Day Fest and Rally Cap Pils release will be held Thursday, March 28 at the brewery in Mason.
- West Side Brewing released cans of their Pilsner yesterday; available at the tap room now and in Southwest Ohio stores next week.
- Porch Rocker, a golden Helles lager amped up with a heavy dose of fresh lemon, is the newest Cincy-exclusive beer at the Samuel Adams taproom in Over-the-Rhine.
Yellow Springs Brewery will hold a limited edition bottle release of Dianthus wild ale on Saturday, March 23. This wild-fermented beer was brewed with hibiscus and raspberries, lending intense fruity and floral aromas. The lush raspberry flavor balances the slight tartness and very dry finish. Dianthus is available in 500 mL bottles while supplies last, exclusively at the Yellow Springs Brewery taproom. Get more details at facebook.com/yellowspringsbrewery