Ohio Brewery News
Cheers to six years of beers from Seventh Son Brewing Company! Exactly one year ago, the little brewery in Columbus’ Italian Village got a whole lot bigger, adding on production space with a 30 barrel brewhouse and opening a rooftop beer hall that effectively doubled their seating capacity. Since then, they’ve opened Antiques on High (their sour and wild fermentation brewery) and expanded their distribution footprint and canned beer options. Attendees at the anniversary party on Saturday, April 20 will have the opportunity to take home cans of Cloudbusting double IPA, brewed but once a year. Details at facebook.com/seventhsonbrewing
- Parsons North Brewing in Columbus will hold their official grand opening on Saturday, April 20 with 9 beers on tap.
- Land-Grant Brewing to release Helios Rustic Lager on Earth Day, Monday, April 22, in advance of the Sun-Grant Sustainable Beer Fest on Saturday, May 4 in Franklinton.
- Gordon Biersch Brewery in Columbus’ Arena District tapped their Maibock this week.
- Belated cheers to two years of beers from Combustion Brewery & Taproom in Pickerington!
Monday, April 22 is Dyngus Day, and while it sounds like an insult you’d lob toward a dim-witted friend, it’s actually a celebration day from Polish tradition commemorating the end of Lent and the joy of Easter. Cities with large Polish populations like Cleveland have embraced the holiday and turned it into a drinking occasion not unlike St. Patrick’s Day. This year, Sibling Revelry Brewing has created a beer exclusively for the festivities: Dyngus Day Piwo, a Kolsch-style ale, will be available in 16 ounce cans only at Cleveland’s Dyngus Day festival. Learn more at clevelanddyngus.com
- Cheers to two years of beers from Collision Bend Brewing Company in the Flats!
- Saucy Brew Works will release Cabanarama Tropical Stout on draft today at their brewery in Ohio City.
- Fat Head’s will hold a sneak peek party for Strange Magic IPA on Tuesday, April 23 at the brewery and beer hall in Middleburg Heights, with a wider release planned to follow.
- Southern Tier’s new Cleveland-brewed Fig Orange Sour is now on tap at their downtown brewpub.
Cheers to five years of beers from The Phoenix Brewing Company! The Mansfield brewery has five days of events lined up to celebrate their five years, starting with a barrel aged beer tasting on Tuesday, April 23. The next day, The Phoenix will tap Century IPA Batch 007, brewed especially for the occasion. The culmination of the festivities will occur on Saturday, April 27 with the tapping of more than 30 beers, including special infusions and five barrel aged beer variants. Learn more at facebook.com/thephoenixbrewingcompany
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewery will release Dankster Frog IPA on Saturday, April 20 at their tasting room in Akron.
- The inaugural Youngstown Craft Beer Week gets underway on Monday, April 22, organized by the State Line Brewers Guild.
- Belated cheers to a year of beer from Modern Methods Brewing, located on Dave Grohl Alley in Warren.
- Lager Heads teased a new brew, Sunshine Blue summer ale with blueberries and ginger, available soon in six-pack cans.
If you’ve ever been to Upside Brewing – the nanobrewery housed inside J&G Pizza Palace in Sylvania – then you know that the hustle and bustle of this immensely popular local restaurant leaves precious little space to enjoy a casual pint. Help is on the way as the Sylvania City Council has approved a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area for the downtown area. Patrons of Upside, as well as nearby Inside the Five Brewing and several other downtown restaurants, will be able to enjoy their beverages outside. Read more at toledoblade.com
Cheers to three years of beers from Three Tigers Brewing! Fans of big beers will have a lot to celebrate as the Granville brewpub will have some heavy hitters on tap for the anniversary party on Saturday, April 20. Brewed especially for the occasion is Vista Cruiser white IPA, checking in at 10.5% ABV and 110 IBU. Other big brews of note include Spicolli’s Van double rice/hemp IPA and two vintages of Santa’s Beard Cooler Belgian dark strong ale. Get more details at facebook.com/threetigersbrewing
MadTree Brewing will once again celebrate Arbor Day by giving away free tree saplings from April 22-27, while supplies last. The Cincinnati brewery also has a full slate of sustainability-minded activities and initiatives scheduled for the week, from the unveiling of a living wall installation to a plastic six-pack carrier recycling drive and more. MadTree will also tap their new Home Grown saison, brewed with Ohio-sourced, sustainably grown malt and hops. Get all the details at facebook.com/madtree
- Grainworks Brewing will release their Pink Boots Society collaboration beer, You Don’t Really Want Bangs, today at their West Chester taproom.
- Listermann Brewing will hold a bottle release of three barrel-aged beers on Saturday, April 20: Chickow, Neapolitan Chickow and Mann on Weyer, a collaboration with Weyerbacher Brewing.
- Streetside Brewery’s Suh, Brah? NEIPA can release will take place on Saturday, April 20 at the brewery in Columbia-Tusculum.
- Nine Giant Brewing is tapping a triple dry hopped New England IPA called Dankosaurus Murklord on Saturday, April 20.
Cheers to six years of beers from Yellow Springs Brewery! This iconoclast of a brewery from one of Ohio’s quirkiest, charming towns is pulling out all of the stops for their anniversary celebration on Saturday, April 20. The star of the show is Gaunt Hill barleywine, which will be available in bottles and on draft including two variants and a very small amount of the 2014 vintage, tapping at 1 p.m. 26 beers will be available in all, including an impressive list of guest taps. Get all the details at facebook.com/yellowspringsbrewery
- Branch & Bone Artisan Ales will release cans of Earth Calling IPA and Peach Tea Berliner, as well as bottles of Empty Page foeder-aged mixed fermentation saison with apricots on Saturday, April 20.
- It’s Herb Day at Fifth Street Brewpub on Saturday, April 20, as the Dayton brewery will have eight herby beers on tap.