Ohio Brewery News
Back in March, representatives from 18 central Ohio breweries convened at Seventh Son Brewing to brew Six One Pour, this year’s Columbus Craft Beer Week collaboration beer. The brewers decided to name the beer after the annual Six One Pour festival – the signature event of Columbus Craft Beer Week – and keep the name in perpetuity to help promote the fest. The beer itself is a hazy IPA with a healthy addition of key lime, brewed with Sabro and Mosaic hops and fermented on kveik yeast. Six packs are available at Giant Eagle Market District stores and select central Ohio retailers starting this week. Read more at columusbeerweek.com
- Cheers to a year of beer from BrewDog Franklinton! Pick up the anniversary re-release of Dumpster Fire smoked gose today.
- Combustion Brewery will hold the release party for Volume 5 of the Columbus Ale Trail passport program on Saturday, May 11.
- Hoof Hearted EWS 3X Mosaic and Who’s Like to Hold My Clipboard can release is happening on Sunday, May 12 at the brewery in Marengo.
- Staas Brewing’s Apricot Wheat has returned to their taps for the start of the summer season.
Sibling Revelry Brewing released six-pack cans of their popular limited release hazy IPA Favorite Sister this week. The beer was brewed with the Pink Boots hop blend and benefits the Pink Boots Society, the national organization supporting the advancement of women in the brewing industry. Favorite Sister is currently available in cans and on draft at Sibling Revelry’s brewery taproom in Westlake. Distribution throughout Ohio begins today. Get more details at facebook.com/siblingrevelrybrewing
- Working Class Brewery’s annual Aviator Fest starts today, featuring five variants of their flagship IPA.
- Saucy Brew Works to release cans of their Belgian witbier with tangerine, Don’t Stop Wit It Wit It, on Saturday, May 11.
- Terrestrial Brewing’s new IPA, I Am Still Saving the Turtles, is on tap now with a portion of proceeds to benefit the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
- Willoughby Brewing has tapped Baenum’s Law, a pale ale brewed with Cascade hops from Baenum Hop Farms in Akron.
When Penguin City Beer received their state brewing license, they became Ohio’s 300th craft brewery. Since May of 2014, more than 200 breweries have opened in the Buckeye State. Penguin City, launched in late 2018, has expanded quickly in the Youngstown area; their flagship lager is available at approximately 100 retail locations on draft and in bottles. Now brewing at the former B&O station in downtown Youngstown – the brewery does not currently have a public taproom – Penguin City plans to introduce more styles to their portfolio. Read more about Penguin City and the growth of Ohio craft breweries at ohio.com
- Clubhouse Brewing will release their Pineapple Whit Biere on Saturday, May 11 at the brewery in Warren.
- Birdfish Brewing in Columbiana will be giving away roses with any four-pack, bottle or growler to-go purchase for Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12.
- The Phoenix Brewing Company in Mansfield will tap two beers on Wednesday, May 15 for American Craft Beer Week: Phixius Imperial IPA and Barrel Aged Black Aggie Russian imperial stout.
- Sandy Springs Brewing and Missing Mountain Brewing released their collaboration hazy sour IPA, ERMAHGURD, last week.
Cheers to a year of beer from Twin Oast Brewing! The idyllic farm-to-fermenter brewery in Catawba Island on the shores of Lake Erie will celebrate with a day-long toast on Saturday, May 11. Not only will Twin Oast re-release Toast, their fan favorite Kolsch-style ale, in cans and on draft, but they will also give well-wishers the opportunity to “Toast the Oast”: selected toasts will be read by brewery staff, or can be read by the toast writer (who will be rewarded with a Twin Oast gift card). Read all about the festivities at facebook.com/twinoast
- Cheers to a year of beer from the Laird Arcade Brewery! The celebration at the downtown Tiffin brewery will begin on Thursday, May 15 and run through the weekend.
- Moeller Brew Barn will hold the grand opening of their new expanded facility in Maria Stein on Thursday, May 16. First on the Moon pale ale will also make its debut at the event.
Cheers to one of the newest members of the Ohio Craft Brewers Association, Eldridge & Fiske Brewing in Lithopolis! The small town brewery about 20 minutes southeast of Columbus opened to the public in late April, but will celebrate their grand opening on Saturday, May 11. Get a free growler with the purchase of a fill of any of the dozen beers on tap during the opening festivities. Doors open at 2 p.m., don’t forget to get your passport stamp on the Ohio On Tap app! Read more at facebook.com/eldridgefiske
Fibonacci Brewing will release a three-way collaboration with Kentucky’s Darkness Brewing and Alexandria Brewing today. Divergent Parallels is a Cascadian dark ale (aka black IPA) made with a Fibonacci sequence of ingredients: 1 beer, 1 yeast, 2 hops, 3 breweries, 5 malts. Get it on draft today at their Cincinnati taproom and in bottles starting Saturday, May 11. More details at facebook.com/fibonaccibrewing
- Streetside Brewery will release Baby Got Back, a mango, pineapple and pink guava gose, on Saturday, May 11.
- 13 Below Brewery tapped Exultation, their new double IPA, this week at their tasting room on the banks of the Ohio River in Sayler Park.
- Cold Boy lager is now on tap at both Taft’s Ale House in Over-the-Rhine and at Taft’s Brewporium in Cincinnati.
- This week, Urban Artifact tapped Plant du Rif, a small batch, experimental gose brewed with Petite Sirah grapes.
On Saturday, May 11, Warped Wing Brewing will release Ermal’s Strawberry Cream Ale in their downtown Dayton taproom. Their flagship cream ale gets a hearty addition of strawberry and vanilla to create a smooth body with a light and refreshing finish. The new Ermal’s variant will be available on draft and in a very small run of 500 mL bottles available exclusively at the taproom. Get details on the release at facebook.com/warpedwing