Ohio Brewery News
The beer list for this year’s Six One Pour: The Ohio Craft Beer Fest was published this week. The fifth annual festival will feature more than 160 beers from 50 Ohio craft breweries, including many rare brews and seasonal favorites. This year’s event will be held at COSI in downtown Columbus on Saturday, May 18 and is the signature event of Columbus Craft Beer Week presented by Giant Eagle. Check out the mighty beer list and secure your tickets today: columbusbeerweek.com/sixonepour
- 2 Tones Brewing’s will hold the grand opening of their long-awaited taproom in Whitehall on Friday, May 3.
- Cheers to two years of beers from Loose Rail Brewing! The anniversary party will be held on Saturday, May 4 at the brewery in Canal Winchester.
- Elevator Brewing’s monthly pop-up art show on Saturday, May 4 will feature female artists, with 5% of beer sales to benefit cancer charity Breaststrokes Columbus.
- Straight Shot, a blood orange cascara saison collaboration brew from Wolf’s Ridge and Great Lakes Brewing, will be tapped on Thursday, May 9.
This Saturday, May 4, Masthead Brewing will release a trio of hazy IPA cans from their downtown Cleveland brewery taproom. Paper Boy New England IPA and Flat Earth New England double IPA get a heralded re-release; Feeling Dangerous New England triple IPA, triple dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops, will make its rookie debut. Get all the release details at facebook.com/mastheadbrewingco
- Railroad Brewing will tap Rubia Caliente habanero blonde ale on Sunday, May 5 at their tasting room in Avon.
- Bookhouse Brewing will release a key lime variant of their Three Out of Five Leipzig-style gose next week.
- Fat Head’s Alpenglow can add a gold medal at the San Diego International Beer Competition to its long list of accolades.
- Electrolier Hopfenweisse, a traditional Hefeweizen brewed with Ohio wheat and Hüll Melon hops, is the newest beer on tap at Noble Beast Brewing.
Cheers to six years of beers from Millersburg Brewing! The big birthday party happens Saturday, May 4 with live music, hourly giveaways, an exclusive taproom-only can release and timed tappings of six anniversary beers from noon to 5 p.m. Those anniversary beers include collaboration brews with Paradigm Shift Brewing and Lockport Brewery. Get all the event details and the full beer list at facebook.com/millersburgbrewingcompany
- Hoppin’ Frog’s Shandy Day celebration will happen on Saturday, May 4 with seven variants of Turbo Shandy on tap.
- This Saturday, May 4, Modern Methods Brewing will tap Chirpin’, a spring saison with rolled oats and flaked rye, at their tasting room in Warren.
- Youngstown’s Noble Creature Cask House will tap Good for the Goose tequila barrel aged golden sour on Sunday, May 5.
- Missing Falls Brewery in Akron tapped Waterfall American IPA earlier this week.
Cheers to a year of beer from Lake Rat Brewing! Celebrate with them on Saturday, May 4 as the downtown Celina brewery will hold the grand opening of their patio for the summer season. Live music and giveaways all day and a crawfish boil at 4 p.m. (registration required). Get all the details on the day’s festivities at facebook.com/lakeratbrewing
Homestead Beer Company used the debut of their new “crushable” hazy IPA, Ace Run, as the introduction of cans to their product line. The brewery has packaged beer in bottles for several years, but will begin to offer a few beers in cans just in time for the summer outdoor activity season. In addition to Ace Run, Homestead has also canned their flagship super pale ale Snake Oil. Pick up six packs of either at the brewery in Heath or wherever Homestead beers are sold. Details at facebook.com/homesteadbeerco
Listermann Brewing’s partnership with the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is well known, thanks in large part to the popularity of the Team Fiona New England IPA beer release benefit to support the Zoo’s prematurely-born hippo (Fiona’s doing great two years later, by the way). On Saturday, May 4, Listermann will release Zoo Babies New England IPA in cans, with 10% of the sales to be donated to the Cincinnati Zoo. Get the details on this weekend’s releases at facebook.com/listermannbrewing
- Rhinegeist will release bottles of Table Beer, an oak foeder aged grisette, at their taproom today.
- West Side Brewing will release Summer, an English-style summer ale, on draft and in cans from their taproom today.
- Today, March First Brewing will debut their new 1803 Blonde Ale alongside Tropical Blonde with guava and mango.
- Saturday, May 4 is National Big Brew Day: Municipal Brew Works in Hamilton will host an event for people interested in getting into homebrewing.
Fifth Street Brewpub released the latest version of their flagship double IPA, Definitely Frances, earlier this week. The new version – v.4.5 – gets its numeric moniker from the age of brewmaster Darren Link’s daughter, Frances. Each version features a new combination of hops, the most recent iteration was brewed with Citra and Simcoe lupulin powder and dry hopped with Centennial to create a bursting bouquet of fruit aromas and flavors. Read more at facebook.com/fifthstreetbrewpub