Ohio Brewery News
The Columbus Pride Festival kicks off today at Bicentennial and Genoa Parks alongside the banks of the Scioto River downtown. To commemorate the occasion, BrewDog collaborated with Nina West, Pride Parade Grand Marshal and star of RuPaul’s Drag Race season 11, to brew Elevengendary, a tart wheat ale made with butterfly pea flower. Cans are available at all Columbus area BrewDog bars starting today, with proceeds to benefit the Nina West Foundation, supporting LGBTQ organizations. Read more at facebook.com/brewdogusa
- Starting today, Hoof Hearted Brewing’s Marengo taproom is open on Fridays from 5-10 p.m. and has expanded hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
- For Father’s Day this Sunday, Loose Rail Brewing is teaming with Ireland’s Spa & Salon to teach dads a new parenting skill: braiding long hair!
- Ill Mannered Brewing’s new experimental hazy IPA series kicked off this week with the tapping of Turbid Reality – Experience #1.
- This week, North High Brewing released cans of Fly, their new hazy pale ale, featuring artwork by Nicholas Nocera of Alison Rose and Rewind Press.
Abracadabra! Fat Head’s Brewery has made their new IPA, Strange Magic, appear on retail shelves. First teased back in January, the new year-round IPA has been tapped on a limited basis at Fat Head’s locations and at some special events. Cans of the fruit-forward brew made with Warrior, Simcoe, Mosaic and Citra hops are available in six-packs around the state. Read more about the beer at fatheads.com
- Platform Beer Co. is holding a can release for two new IPAs, Peach Fog and Days That Got Away, in conjunction with their hazy IPA tap takeover on Saturday, June 15.
- Great Lakes Burning River Fest returns next weekend, June 21-22, and will once again raise money to protect local freshwater resources through the Burning River Foundation.
- Masthead Brewing’s annual 5K race and beer fest is coming up on Saturday, June 29 with 15 Ohio breweries participating so far.
- Yesterday, Nano Brew tapped their new Nano Sabro Ale at their Ohio City brewpub.
“Be excellent to each other” isn’t just a memorable movie quote, it’s also some prime directive-level life advice. If you’re looking for a good way to be excellent to the beer drinkers in your life, consider picking them up some cans of Excellent Adventure from Birdfish Brewing this Saturday, June 15. This hazy double IPA is double dry-hopped with Vic Secret hops for bursting flavors of pineapple and passionfruit. Pick it up at Birdfish’s Up Top taproom in downtown Columbiana, read more at facebook.com/birdfishbrew
- Rodina Lager, the signature beer of Youngstown’s Simply Slavic festival made by Modern Methods Brewing, will be available in bottles at the start of the festival today.
- Noble Creature Cask House will release bottles of their barrel aged, mixed fermentation sour brown ale, Chelsette, today at their Youngstown brewery taproom.
- Ignite Brewing in Barberton will hold an Ales & Tails pet adoption event on Saturday, June 15, and will tap their new Sirius vanilla porter to mark the occasion.
- As part of their new expansion project in Lisbon, Numbers Brewing has begun canning their beer for distribution in Ohio and West Virginia.
Surprise! Twin Oast Brewing has tapped a toasted coconut version of their Ship Burner porter a few days early (it was originally intended for this weekend). This deep, luscious porter is brewed with rich, roasty chocolate malts, then conditioned with toasted coconut to give it a crispness on the palate that makes this dark beer appealing even in the warming summer months on the Lake Erie shores. Try it on nitro draft at Twin Oast while supplies last. Learn more at facebook.com/twinoast
Congratulations and cheers to Outerbelt Brewing, who will celebrate their grand opening on Sat. June 15! A project more than two years in the making, Outerbelt will open their taproom to the public this weekend with 10 beers on tap. The brewers have been pumping out beers on their three barrel pilot system since late last year, but held up their taproom opening during construction of their 30 barrel brewhouse. Enjoy their industrial taproom and large covered patio this summer and make sure to get your Ohio On Tap passport stamp! Read more at facebook.com/outerbeltbeer
The Hudepohl brewery smokestack, an iconic reminder of Cincinnati’s brewing heritage, is slated to be demolished. And while one monument to Cincy brewing is about to be lost, another more recent piece of that legacy is making an appearance this weekend. Listermann Brewing’s Cincinnatus stout will get a bottle release on Saturday, June 15. Described as the beer that “saved our brewery,” Cincinnatus is the beginning of Listermann’s renowned barrel aging program. Take a piece of history home with you, read more at facebook.com/listermannbrewing
- Moerlein Lager House is holding a Raspberry Kolsch keg tapping and fundraiser for Cincinnati Pride on Friday, June 14.
- On Saturday, June 15, Grainworks Brewing will release Cincinnati Liars Lager, named for the Voice of America broadcasts originating from Ohio that enraged Hitler during World War II.
- Welcome Rolling Mill Brewing, the newest member of the Ohio Craft Brewers Association! This gluten-free brewery in Middletown is now featured on the Ohio On Tap brewery passport app.
- Fifty West Brewing released cans of Pineapple Punch You in the EyePA, the fan favorite from last year’s Punch Out brewery boxing event.
Cheers to six years of beers from Toxic Brew Company in Dayton! The party kicks off tonight at their Oregon District taproom with a Toxic-themed art show. Then on Saturday, June 15, Toxic will tap eight specialty kegs – one per hour starting at 1 p.m. – including barrel aged versions of Night Ender Imperial stout and Abbey XXXX Belgian Quad. Get the lowdown on the birthday throwdown at facebook.com/toxicbrewco