Ohio Brewery News
Cheers to four years of beers from Ill Mannered Brewing! They’ll celebrate on Saturday, August 24 at their brewery in Powell with the timed tapping of seven special anniversary beers. Included on the schedule are three variants of Subterfuge imperial stout, two variants of Hazy Ohio New England-style pale ale, a blood orange-infused version of Pandora’s Juice Box NE-style super pale ale, and Old Man Groan barrel aged strong ale. Get details on all the day’s happenings at facebook.com/illmanneredbeer
- Tickets are still available for Columbus Summer Beerfest on Saturday, August 24. The Ohio Craft Brewers Association will be at the event with Drink Beer Made Here merchandise available for sale.
- Zaftig Brewing will release an exclusive bottle run of bourbon barrel aged Nuts for You peanut butter stout on Saturday, August 24 at their Worthington taproom.
- 2 Tones Brewing will tap Fiesta de Cocoa, an imperial stout infused with cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla beans, cinnamon, nutmeg and peppers, on Saturday, August 24.
- ICYMI: Last week, Columbus Brewing Company released bottles of Insane Wanderer Volume 5, an IPA featuring the experimental hop HBC692, as well as Festbier, their Oktoberfest-style lager.
The newest addition to the metro Cleveland brewing landscape, Crooked Pecker Brewing Company in Chagrin Falls, held a quiet soft opening on Thursday with two of their beers on draft: Adventure Paper hoppy blonde ale and Liquid White milk stout. No word as yet when the grand opening will be or if any further soft opening dates are in the offing, but the brewery promises to release details soon on their Facebook page.
- White Rajah, the renowned West Coast IPA from The Brew Kettle, is changing packaging from bottles to cans. Six packs will be available in stores for the first time next week.
- A fresh batch of Sibling Revelry Brewing’s Belgian-style Tripel, Third Wheel, is available now in cans.
- The Jolly Scholar welcomes students back to Case Western Reserve University next week, will soon announce their new head brewer.
- Rocky River Brewing Company’s Rockytoberfest lager is back on tap at the brewpub.
Congratulations to Eighty-Three Brewery, who will hold their grand opening celebration today. The new brewery located in the former Goodyear headquarters on Akron’s East End will have five beers on tap ranging from a hazy New England-style IPA made with Kveik yeast to a rye saison. Eighty-Three will be open Wednesday through Sunday going forward with several new beers hitting the taps in the coming weeks. Get details at facebook.com/83brewery
- The fourth annual Numbers Brewing Company block party will be held on Saturday, August 24 in Lisbon.
- HiHO Brewing Co. is organizing a trail clean-up at Gorge Metro Park on Saturday, August 24, with drinks to follow at their taproom in Cuyahoga Falls.
- Ohio Brewing Company will hold the ribbon cutting ceremony for their new Cuyahoga Falls brewpub on Friday, September 20, but you can stop in, have a beer and get your Ohio On Tap passport stamp now.
- The Phoenix Brewing Company tapped their Oktoberfest lager this week at the brewery tasting room in Mansfield.
Are you a Master Builder? Put your skills to the test at 4KD Crick Brewery’s Bricks & Brews Lego building competition on Saturday, September 7. The brewery has teamed up with the Defiance Public Library to put on two building challenges: a Master Builder competition in which participants have one hour to build the most impressive brewery-related structure, and a Minute-to-Win-It series of speed challenges. 4KD Crick will donate a portion of every pint sold at the event to Defiance Public Library adult education programs. Learn more at facebook.com/4kdcrickbrewery
Building on an already impressive résumé of hazy beers, Sixth Sense Brewing will release a brand new one on Saturday, August 24. Disco Hips, an aggressively hopped, fruit-forward double New England-style IPA, hits the taps at noon at their brewery tasting room in Jackson. More details on the beer are due out before the release, follow Sixth Sense to stay in the loop: facebook.com/sixthsensebrewery
Urban Artifact‘s Bewilderfest music and beer festival starts today and features 36 artists across three stages at the Northside brewery. This fest has a history of bringing in eclectic headlining acts from around the country; this year’s featured performers include Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Zach Deputy, Screaming Females, Listener, ’68, and Green Jelly. The event will also feature some one-day only band/beer infusions never to be repeated again. Get tickets now at bewilderfest.com
- Brink Brewing will tap their Citrazest milkshake IPA today at their brewery tasting room in College Hill.
- Sam Adams and Fifty West got together to brew Tizana with Friends, a Venezuelan Tizana-inspired kettle sour, available at the Sam Adams taproom on Saturday, August 24.
- The Common Beer Company tapped their first hazy IPA, The Hops Make Me Hazy, at their tasting room in Mason.
- Sons of Toil Brewing has released a new Lemon Saison at their brewery taproom in Mount Orab.
Yellow Springs Brewery will release Vox Populi pilsner, a collaboration with local public radio station WYSO, on Saturday, August 24. The beer is crisp and balanced, brewed with German pilsner malt and noble hop varieties grown in Germany and Czechia. The brewery will offer this crowd-pleasing pilsner on draft and in cans starting this weekend. Get more details on the collaboration between Yellow Springs Brewery and WYSO at facebook.com/yellowspringsbrewery
- Cheers to five years of beers from Carillon Brewing Company! Their anniversary collaboration with Star City Brewing, Deed’s Saison, is on tap now.
- This week, Toxic Brew Company released Brut Suit Riot, a brut IPA featuring Azacca, Citra and Hallertau Blanc hops, at their taproom in the Oregon District.