Ohio Brewery News
Seventh Son Brewing has a couple of exciting new beers in cans. Earlier this week, Seventh Son released Miracle, a hazy light IPA checking in at just 115 calories and 5 grams of carbs per 12 ounce can. Six packs of Miracle are available around Central Ohio now. On Saturday, August 31, they’ll release Flow lager at their Italian Village taproom as part of a fundraising event for Friends of the Lower Olentangy Watershed, a Columbus non-profit devoted to clean water advocacy. For details on tomorrow’s release, visit facebook.com/seventhsonbrewing
- Land-Grant Brewing’s Skull Session scarlet lager gets a lighter, more crushable reformulation for the 2019 football season.
- Hoof Hearted Brewing will release cans of Roller Blabe 3DH triple dry-hopped double IPA and I Wanna Be a Cowboy Too sour frappé IPA today at their Marengo taproom.
- Hofbrauhaus Columbus will host the kick-off party for Columbus Oktoberfest at their bier hall in Grandview Heights on Thursday, September 5.
- Double Judgement, the massive 10% ABV double IPA from Restoration Brew Worx, is back on tap at the brewpub in Delaware.
Masthead Brewing Company is a must-stop destination for IPA enthusiasts. This Saturday, August 31, the downtown Cleveland brewery will release four IPA varieties in cans. Haze fans will have their choice of two brewery favorites, A Series of Tubes cryo-hopped New England IPA and Extra! Extra! double dry-hopped double IPA. Worst Case Scenario double IPA and Midwest Red IPA – a 2018 gold-medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival competition – round out the release lineup. Get more details at facebook.com/mastheadbrewingco
- Southern Tier Brewing Company will hold CLE Brew’d Fest, a celebration of the beers brewed at their downtown Cleveland brewpub, on Saturday, August 31.
- Collision Bend Brewing released Square One session IPA in cans this week, available at the brewpub in the Flats and at select retailers.
- Fans of Albino Stout from the Butcher & the Brewer should be extra happy this week with the return of Imperial Albino Stout to the downtown brewpub’s taps.
- Goldhorn Brewery’s Oktoberfest lager is available in four-packs this week at their brewery taproom.
Cheers to a year of beer from Penguin City Brewing! The company burst on the Youngstown scene last fall, pushing a flagship golden ale – Penguin City Beer – as their sole product. The Mahoning Valley has embraced the signature brew: it now appears at nearly 300 retailers in the area. The anniversary celebration kicks off at the brewery in the B&O Station complex across the river from downtown. Stop in tonight only and get an Ohio On Tap passport stamp (the brewery is normally not open for on-premises consumption). Details at facebook.com/penguincitybeer
- Cheers to 13 years of beers from Hoppin’ Frog Brewery! The purveyor of intensely flavored, malt-driven beers is raiding the cellars at their Akron taproom this week.
- Cheers to a year of beer from Hoodletown Brewing! Celebrate with them at their Dover taproom on Saturday, August 31.
- Maize Valley will celebrate five years of beers on Monday, September 2 at their estate brewery in Hartville, including a release of their seasonal Pumpkin Cannon imperial pumpkin ale.
- Is it pretzel day? Magic City Brewing has two beers on tap in tribute to Stanley Hudson from The Office: Did I Stutter passion fruit pineapple gose and Florida Stanley Citra IPA.
‘Tis the season: the Laird Arcade Brewery in Tiffin tapped their Heritage Fest Oktoberfest lager this week and is offering a stein special. Purchase a commemorative vessel and bring it back with you for as long as Heritage Fest is on tap and get it for a special price. The customer who orders the pour that kicks the first keg will win a membership to the LAB’s mug club. Get details at facebook.com/thelairdarcadebrewery
- Aistear Brewing in Bowling Green received their state brewing permit today; opening details to be announced once a few other hurdles are cleared.
- ICYMI: Moeller Brew Barn released Pink Ribbon Girls pink shandy in cans, with a portion of sales to benefit women fighting breast and gynecological cancers.
Little Fish Brewing has followed through on sourcing of local ingredients for their beers since they opened four years ago. The latest expression of their commitment to hyper-local brewing is their new Pawpaw Kweizen ale, released this week at their taproom in Athens. The beer features Ohio-grown pilsner malt, triticale, oats and Nugget and Cascade hops, fermented with Norwegian Kweik yeast and then refermented on locally foraged pawpaw fruit. Get more details at facebook.com/littlefishbrewing
Two big beer releases at Listermann Brewing this weekend. Hatorade Berliner Weisse (it’s got electrolytes!) makes its return on Saturday, August 31, this time in orange flavor, which is objectively the best flavor of sports drink and you are wrong to think otherwise. Cuvée de 75, a barrel aged, coconut-infused collaboration blend of Chickow! hazelnut brown ale and Whiskey Rebellion stout from Warped Wing Brewing, will also be available in bottles. The Warped Wing version of the collab will be available at their Dayton taproom on Saturday as well. Get details at facebook.com/listermannbrewing
- MadTree Brewing released Coffee Table, a new blonde ale with coffee and lactose, to distribution in cans and on draft in the Ohio market this week.
- Big Ash Brewing in Anderson Township will hold their grand opening the first week of September after Labor Day, exact date to be determined.
- Rebel Mettle Brewing announced that their new brewery will be located in downtown Cincinnati at 412 Central Avenue.
- ICYMI: Little Miami Brewing tapped Harvest Moon wet hop IPA last week, featuring fresh, Ohio-grown hops.
The Ohio Craft Brewers Association teamed up with several Dayton-area breweries to raise funds for the victims of the mass shooting that occurred in the Oregon District on August 4. Working with our partners at Red Tail Design in Athens, OCBA produced a run of #DaytonStrong carved wood pins and will donate 100% of the sales to the Dayton Foundation’s Oregon District Tragedy Fund. Pins will be available at Crooked Handle in Springboro, Hairless Hare in Vandalia, Pinups & Pints in Medway, Star City in Miamisburg and Warped Wing in Dayton next week. They will also be for sale at the merch booth at the Ale-O-Ween beer festival on Saturday, October 19.
- Lock 27 Brewing released cans of their Loktoberfest Märzen and Stumbling Nag double IPA this past week, available at the Dayton and Centerville brewpubs and at select area retailers.
- The Wandering Griffin in Beavercreek is water testing their equipment in anticipation of receiving their state brewing permit.