Ohio Brewery News
BrewDog’s Annual General Mayhem event has historically been a private party for the brewery’s Equity Punk shareholders, but this year the party is open to the public. AGM will be held at BrewDog’s Canal Winchester campus on Saturday, August 24. In addition to live music by Manchester Orchestra, CAAMP, Waxahatchee and more, beers from two dozen craft breweries from around the world will also be available. Tickets are on sale now, get more details at columbusunderground.com
- This Saturday, August 10, Sideswipe Brewing will release two new IPAs – a double and a session – at their taproom on the west side of Columbus.
- Forbidden Root officially announced a projected November opening date for their new brewpub at Easton Town Center.
- 2 Tones Brewing tapped Slo-Ride Kveik IPA this week at their brewery tasting room in Whitehall.
- Hey “buckaroos,” The Hunt for Red Oktoberfest is on tap now at Nostalgia Brewing in Gahanna.
The dog days of summer are the best time to enjoy a crisp, refreshing, crushable Mexican lager. Lucky for us then, that Saucy Brew Works will release El Lager on draft and in cans on Saturday, August 10. Checking in at 4.1% ABV, this light lager is the perfect accompaniment for all your outdoor activities in these waning days of summer. Pick up a six-pack at Saucy’s Ohio City taproom and then spend some time outside. Details at facebook.com/saucybrewworkscle
- The sixth annual Brewfest Waterfront District will be held in Lorain this Saturday, August 10 and will feature 30 Ohio craft breweries.
- The Butcher & the Brewer has been nominated for America’s best restroom (seriously, it’s awesome); let’s all vote and make them #1!
- Avon Brewing Company will soon be tapping Bless’em, a hazy “juice” bomb NEIPA to celebrate the return of Cleveland Browns football.
- This week, the Brew Kettle tapped Sessions V2, their updated session IPA recipe, available on draft at Brew Kettle locations.
Birdfish Brewing will release Of the Forest IPA on Saturday, August 10 at their “Down Low” brewery taproom in Columbiana. This piney, earthy west coast IPA features Ohio-grown Columbus hops and locally-grown barley malt from Yarian Quality Malts. Cans go on sale when the brewery opens at noon; each four-pack purchase comes with a special commemorative Of the Forest glass. Details at facebook.com/birdfishbrew
- Thirsty Dog is offering a special barrel aged beer tasting featuring 12 unique brews at their Taphouse in Akron on Thursday, August 15.
- Yesterday, Wadsworth Brewing tapped Funky Cold Medina, a pale ale made with Medina County-sourced malt from West Branch Malts and hops from Barn Talk Hops.
- Two new beers are now on tap at Canton Brewing Company: Gold Jacket Hefeweizen and Octane IPA.
- ICYMI: Two Monks Brewing released a peanut butter hefeweizen last week at their brewery taproom in Akron.
Twin Oast Brewing is built on the site of Quinstock Farms, a working orchard featuring peach, apricot, plum, pluot and aprium trees. This Saturday, August 10, Twin Oast will host QuinStock, an all-day celebration of music, beer and food sprawling over the grounds of the brewery and surrounding farm. They’ll commemorate the occasion with the release of Berry Delish, a cream ale with strawberry, blueberry and raspberry, available on draft and in cans. Details at twinoast.com
- Tailspin Brewing created Hayviator farmhouse ale to celebrate the Mercer County Fair, available both at the Fair and at the taproom in Coldwater while supplies last.
- Upside Brewing’s new lager, Lucky Man, benefits from the tropical character of Azacca hops to accompany the beer’s crisp body; on tap now at the brewpub in Sylvania.
Cheers to two years of beers from Y Bridge Brewing! The Zanesville brewery’s official birthday party is Sunday, August 11, but you’ll want to stop in starting today to grab a couple of owner/brewer Ray Ballard’s special anniversary beers. A strawberry variant of Y Not pale ale hits the taps this afternoon, with bourbon barrel aged, coffee-infused Downtown Brown ale coming on Saturday. For more details on this weekend’s festivities, go to facebook.com/ybridgebrewing
Sonder Brewing will debut a new beer in cans this coming week. Voss Kölsch is a clean, crisp and refreshing German-style ale, perfect for summertime. Light gold in color, this beer is soft with a light noble hop character and slight floral aroma. Also making a return to cans is Kato coffee Kölsch, balancing the richness of Ethiopian yirgacheffe coffee against a crisp, light, effervescent body. Details at facebook.com/sonderbrewing
- Big Ash Brewing was issued their permit by the state of Ohio last week and are aiming to open their Anderson Township brewery on Labor Day weekend.
- Bengals football season is right around the corner: Christian Moerlein is releasing Bay of Bengal double IPA on Saturday, August 10 at their Malt House taproom.
- Yowie Wowie, a sour milkshake IPA with pink guava, is the newest creation on tap at Streetside Brewery.
- Taft’s Brewing Company’s Oktubber Fest German-style lager is back in cans for the Festbier season.
After the devastating tornadoes that ripped through the Miami Valley on Memorial Day, Dayton breweries banded together to find ways to help the relief effort. On July 13, they held the Dayton Strong Beer Bash at Carillon Historical Park and drew nearly 2,300 attendees to the fundraising event. This week, the breweries presented a check for more than $56,000 to The Dayton Foundation’s Disaster Relief Fund. Details at dayton.com
- Star City Brewing will release a variant of their Old Mill Stout made with bourbon barrel aged coffee beans from Twisted River Coffee Roasters on Monday, August 12.
- Two new beers on tap at Alematic Artisan Ales: False Prophets brut IPA and Lamborghini Angels IPA, available now at the brewery in Huber Heights.