Ohio Brewery News
Cheers to six years of beers from Wolf’s Ridge Brewing! The anniversary festivities on Saturday, September 28 will be so big that their building can’t contain all the fun. In addition to the 44 beers on draft in the taproom and Hickory Room event space, there will be an outdoor beer garden on the street next to the brewery with another 11 beers on tap. Proceeds from outdoor beer sales will benefit the Dick & Jane Project, empowering central Ohio middle school students through music education. As if that weren’t enough, there’s also a huge bottle sale starting at 10:30 a.m. Get all the details at facebook.com/wolfsridgebrew
- Cheers to five years of beers from Land-Grant Brewing, who will celebrate on Saturday, September 28 with an anniversary double IPA release, live music in the beer garden and a huge special event draft list.
- On Saturday, September 28, Endeavor Brewing and the Tri-Village Rotary are teaming up to throw the Backyard Bash, a fundraising event to build wells to provide safe, reliable drinking water in Haiti.
- Kindred will tap Waves pale ale and Hawaiian Shirt session ale with hibiscus and mango and Waves on Thursday, October 10 at their Gahanna tasting room.
- North High Brewing took delivery of their new brewhouse equipment for their location in Marion in advance of a 2020 opening.
Cheers to a year of beer from Bookhouse Brewing! They’ll celebrate at their Ohio City brewery taproom on Saturday, October 5 with the release of a carrot cake saison brewed with fresh carrots, black walnuts and spices, made in collaboration with Sean White of Little Fish Brewing from Athens. Bookhouse will also have an array of beers from their barrel-aging program making their first appearances on tap. The first 100 people through the door after the brewery opens at noon will receive a commemorative glass. Get all the details at facebook.com/bookhousebrewing
- Brim Brewery’s Tap Party Weekend starts today at the brewpub in Willoughby, celebrating the new lineup of beers created by brewmaster Jason Porter.
- Collision Bend Brewing tapped three new beers this week at their brewpub in the Flats: Lemonatrix Grand Cru, Sixth City Altbier and The Taproom Exclusive double IPA.
- Hofbrauhaus Cleveland will tap their Festbier on Wednesday, October 2 at their downtown brewery and beer hall.
- Market Garden Brewery’s eighth annual Pumpkin Beer Fest on Thursday, October 3 will feature multiple presentations of Franklin Castle pumpkin ale along with a dozen guest taps.
The Phoenix Brewing Company will release their first canned beer, Danger City brown ale, on Sunday, September 29 at their Mansfield brewery taproom. “Danger City” is the name colloquially given to Mansfield in the 1970’s as businesses moved out of downtown in favor of a suburban shopping mall. Like many craft breweries across the state and country, the growth of the Phoenix has helped to spur renewed interest and investment in downtown as it becomes a more vibrant place to live and work. Read more about the Danger City can release at facebook.com/thephoenixbrewingcompany
- The Canton Hops and Harvest Festival will feature more than 20 Ohio craft breweries on Saturday, October 12 at the Canton Civic Center.
- Uniontown Brewing will hold their Oktoberfest celebration on Saturday, September 28 at their brewpub in Ashland.
- Hoppin’ Frog will release cans of Sattler’s Civic Pride IPA, a New-England-style IPA clocking in at a massive 12.8% ABV, on Thursday, October 3 at their Akron tasting room.
- ICYMI: Laxton Hollow Brewing Works tapped a cask of their seasonal Autumn Ale at the brewery and pub in Lexington.
Oastoberfest, the final festival event of the season at Twin Oast Brewing, will take place on Saturday, September 28 at their Catawba Island brewery. The Proast! Märzen-style lager is the highlight of the event – it will be available on draft to drink at the fest and in cans, crowlers or growlers to take home – but Twin Oast is also inviting a half dozen breweries from around Ohio to pour beers and join in the fun as well. German cuisine will be available for purchase courtesy of the Bavarian Sports Club of Toledo and there will be games and music to entertain throughout the day. Get all the details at twinoast.com
Rockmill Brewery completed their big expansion project this summer – a new public taproom on their idyllic horse farm outside of Lancaster, as well as increased production capacity from a newly constructed brewhouse – and the results are already coming. Stable Hand hazy IPA, the first beer canned off Rockmill’s new equipment, landed at select Columbus-area retailers this week, and is also available on draft at the aforementioned expanded brewery taproom. Read more at facebook.com/rockmillbrewery
- Br3w3ry Hocking Hills will tap Bill’s Berliner, their first Berliner Weisse made with 150 pounds of raspberries, today at their tasting room in Logan.
- Three new beers are on tap at Sixth Sense Brewing in Jackson: Candy Coated Clowns New England IPA, www.WetHopz fresh hop pale ale and Cafe Mocha Prodigious imperial double brown ale.
Cheers to three years of beers from Streetside Brewery! The brewery will host birthday revelers on Saturday, September 28 at their taproom in Columbia-Tusculum, Cincinnati’s oldest neighborhood. Tickets for the release of crowlers of two One Hit Wonder Berliner Weisses – Electric Avenue (double passion fruit, mango, pineapple and dragon fruit) and If You Wanna Be Happy (double raspberry) – will be handed out at 10 a.m., first come, first served. The draft list will contain many of Streetside’s greatest hits, more than 30 in all. Read more at facebook.com/streetsidebrewery
- Urban Artifact will host The Extinction Event: Natural Wine and Spontaneous Beer Fest as well as a bottle release of their “dinosaur” spontaneously fermented ales on Saturday, September 28.
- Ohio craft beer enthusiasts attending the Great American Beer Festival in Denver can enjoy a tap takeover featuring eight Ohio breweries at Freshcraft on Friday, October 4.
- Rolling Mill Brewing will host their second annual Mill Fest, complete with a special fall beer release, at the brewery in Middletown on Saturday, October 5.
- SpottieOttieDopaliscious New England IPA is the newest beer on tap at Nine Giant Brewing in Cincinnati’s Pleasant Ridge neighborhood.
Look for Pumpkin Pi, the imperial pumpkin ale from Lock 27 Brewing, to start hitting Miami Valley retail shelves sometime in early October. This is the first of their new Discovery Series, limited runs of seasonal and experimental beers, that will see release in cans. Pumpkin Pi will also be one of approximately 100 beers to be featured at Ale-O-Ween, the Ohio Craft Brewers Association’s Halloween-themed beer festival, taking place at the Dayton Convention Center on Saturday, October 19. Proceeds from the festival benefit our mission to promote, protect and unify the Ohio craft brewing industry through legislative and regulatory advocacy, marketing initiatives and brewery educational resources. More Ale-O-Ween info at ohiocraftbeer.org/ale-o-ween
- Devil Wind Brewing will tap their festbier, Ein Prosit!, on Saturday, September 28 for their Oktoberfest celebration at their Xenia brewery tasting room.
- Beer journalist and Certified Cicerone David Nilsen will lead a guided tasting at Mother Stewart’s Brewing in Springfield on Thursday, October 10.